The perfect start to your home’s smarts
Total Control®, URC’s most popular system has very BIG news. Our latest central controller breaks all barriers for your entry into enjoying a smart home. The MRX-8 is an ideal way to make the move to adding simple yet powerful automation to your home.
Small in size but huge on value, this piece sits in any room or a central equipment rack and delivers robust control of your entertainment, lights, security, door locks, temperature and more. Ideal for small to mid-range homes, offices, and condos, this robust control center stores and issues control commands for all your components throughout the house over your home network.
Possibilities for you to take total control are vast with the MRX-8. Your URC pro can easily add on other products including URC LED or Vivido™ wireless lighting, streaming music players from URC, Sonos® and others, thermostats and beyond. As your family expands or other lifestyle changes occur, there’s no need to replace this unit. Control multiple devices all at once with a button press. Adjust the thermostat, dim lights, drop shades and start Junior’s movie even if you’re not at home. Mom and Dad will be thrilled to reduce the amount of time and thought it takes to leave the house with presets that lock all doors and shut off lights and music in every room. No need to check! It’s a push on a remote or smart phone.
Thanks to the MRX-8’s offsite programming feature, you typically won’t have to wait at home until your installer arrives for service, saving time. Your URC pro can program and make updates from their shop giving you scheduling flexibility and convenience. The MRX-8 offers rock-solid reliability, phenomenal features and limitless control possibilities all at URC’s most affordable whole-house solution price.
- Excellent choice for entry into home automation and control for A/V, lights, shades, thermostats, door locks, security and more
- Controls up to 32 audio/video zones or areas of the home
- Stores and issues commands and macros for all IP, IR, RS-232, Relay, Sensor and 12V controlled devices in one system
- Provides two-way feedback from URC Total Control line products in most all cases
- Expandable via LAN with URC sub-base stations MRX-2, MRX-4IR and MRX-4SEN
- Ethernet: One 10/100 Base T (Indicator LED)
- IR: Six (6) variable IR outputs
- RS-232: Two (2) ports (support TX, RX and GND two-way communication)
- URC RFTX-1: Output Port: One (1) (shared IR)
- Relay: One (1) dry relay configurable to be NO, NC or Momentary
- Sensors: Two (2) sensor ports support all URC sensors
- Compatible with URC’s TRF-ZW2 for control of a thousand Z-Wave®-enabled products
- Offsite programming via the internet when system is registered
- AC Power: DC 12V/1A 100-240v power supply
- Size: 9.76″(W) x 4.72″(H) x 1.10″(D)
- Weight: 10.5 oz.
- Two Year USA Limited Warranty